- Inscape: SJCS Literary Magazine
- National English Honor Society
- The Knightly News
- Household Dean – Order of Golden Spur
- BA French (1986), Florida State University
- MA English (1995), Florida Atlantic University
- Ph.D., Comparative Studies [English lit. and Ancient Philosophy] (2010), Florida Atlantic University
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- American Chesterton Society
- South Carolina Scholastic Press Association
- Association of Literary Scholars, Critics, and Writers
- Modern Language Association
Previous Work Experience:
- English teacher, Coral Springs High School, 1992-2006
- Adjunct English Faculty, Broward College, 2008-2009
- Editor, Ignatius Critical Editions, 2009-2014
I began teaching in 1992
I began at SJCS in 2010
Fermentation (yogurt, cheese, kombucha), Gardening, Cooking, Reading
“In the history of a great love, everything becomes a sign of Him.” — Fr. Julian Carron, 2012
(Consider this quote above as you read the following from great thinkers and writers of the western world. Literature IS, then, a glorious sign of Him!)
“No one is to be honored or valued more than the truth.” — Plato, The Republic, 10.595c
“My weight is my love, and wherever I am carried, it is this weight that carries me.” — St. Augustine of Hippo, The Confessions, 13.9.
“Lookee here, Pip, at what is said to you by a true friend … If you can’t get to be oncommon through going straight, you’ll never get to do it through going crooked … live well and die happy.” — Charles Dickens, Great Expectations [Joe Gargery]
“In the fairy tale an incomprehensible happiness rests upon an incomprehensible condition. A box is opened, and all evils fly out. A word is forgotten, and cities perish. A lamp is lit, and love flies away. A flower is plucked, and human lives are forfeited. An apple is eaten, and the hope of God is gone.” — G. K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy.
An interesting fact I would like to tell SJCS parents & students:
I entered the Catholic Church in 1997, and it changed my life completely, including (eventually) leading me to Greenville to teach at SJCS!
I am a great lover of Benedictine spirituality, thanks to my dear friends at the Abbey of Regina Laudis in Bethlehem, CT.