Athletics is a vital and integral part of St. Joseph’s Catholic School. The SJCS Athletic Program offers students opportunities for competition with other Class AA schools in the South Carolina High School League (SCHSL), as well as opportunities for our middle school students to compete in the Carolina Middle School Conference (CMSC). Participation in athletics, either as a player or as a fan, is an important part of the school’s educational experience. We invite you to come out and support SJCS athletics. Go Knights!
Sportsmanship and School Spirit
In demonstrating their love for and loyalty to St. Joseph’s Catholic School and the teams which represent the school, all St. Joseph’s students, team members, and coaches are expected to exercise a courtesy and hospitality to visiting teams and officials and to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times. The conduct of parents should also reflect this Christian mission of St. Joseph’s. Athletes and fans are encouraged to be mindful of the fundamentals of good sportsmanship:
- Show courtesy and respect for all faculty, staff, coaches, fellow students, opponents, officials, and property
- Know, understand, and appreciate the rules of the contest
- Exercise self-control and restraint
- Appreciate skill and performance regardless of an athlete’s affiliation
- Maintain a healthy desire to excel and win, while having the ability to win and lose gracefully
Spring Sports 2023: First Day of Tryouts/Practice
Spring Sports Tryouts begin on 1/30/2023. For specific tryout details please contact the coach.
Please keep in mind that any student participating in a sport for the 2022-2023 school year at SJCS must have a physical dated after April 1, 2022, and complete the required forms ONLINE at student central at Studentcentral.bigteams.
- Junior Varsity Boys Tennis (Grades 7 - 11) Kevin Meyer email@example.com
- Varsity Boys Tennis (Grades 7 - 12) Ken Arp Karp@sjcatholicschool.org
- Middle School Baseball (Grades 6 - 8) Kim Lerstang Klerstang@sjcatholicschool.org
- Junior Varsity Baseball (Grades 7 - 11), Varsity Baseball (Grades 7 - 12) Ben Renfrow Brenfrow@sjcatholicschool.org
- Varsity Boys Golf (Grades 7 - 12) Ted Coia Tcoia@sjcatholicschool.org
- Middle School Girls Soccer (Grades 6 - 8) Jeanna Chambers jchambers@
- Junior Varsity Girls Soccer (Grades 7 - 11) Chandler Brooks Cbrooks@sjcatholicschool.org
- Varsity Girls Soccer (Grades 9 - 12) Joe O'Neill Joneill@sjcatholicschool.org
- Junior Varsity Boys Soccer (Grades 7 - 11) Ben Kovaleski Bkovaleski@sjcatholicschool.
- Varsity Boys Soccer (Grades 9 - 12) Frank Kucinic Fkucinic@sjcatholicschool.org
- MSTrack and Field ( Grades 6 – 8), JV Track and Field ( Grades 7 - 11), Varsity Track and Field (Grades 7 - 12) George Carr Gcarr@sjcatholicschool.org
- V & JV & Varsity Girls Lacrosse (Grades 9 - 12) Courtney McCall Cmccall@sjcatholicschool.org
- Varsity Boys Lacrosse Lacrosse (Grades 9 - 12) Ed Knope Eknope@sjcatholicschool.org
- JV/Varsity Softball (Grades 7 - 12) David Dickson Ddickson@sjcatholicschool.org