St. Joseph’s Catholic School is a private, Roman Catholic, co-educational, college-preparatory day school recognized and approved by and within the Diocese of Charleston. St. Joseph’s seeks academic excellence and strives to form the minds, hearts, and souls of its students in the likeness of Christ. St. Joseph’s Catholic School…
- Creates a joyful Catholic school culture rooted in the sacramental life of the Church
- Pursues a rigorous liberal arts curriculum designed to develop a Catholic/Christian vision of the world, of life, of culture, and of history
- Provides students of college-preparatory abilities with the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in higher education and in life
- Encourages students to participate in co-curricular activities which complement and enrich their academic studies
- Welcomes students of other religious backgrounds in an atmosphere of Christian love
- Nurtures each student’s awareness of his or her unique God-given vocation and fosters his or her desire to live out that call for the glory of God and for the good of others
Our Patron Saint
St. Joseph, protector and provider of Jesus during his infancy and youth, is honored as the patron of our school. His paternal compassion for our Lord and his obedience to his heavenly Father serve as models for our school as we form the minds, hearts, and souls of students in the likeness of Christ.
St. Joseph’s School Prayer
Glorious Saint Joseph, spouse of the Immaculate Virgin and Foster-Father of Jesus Christ; obtain for me and all the members of my family, a pure, humble, and charitable mind, and perfect resignation to the Divine Will. Be my guide and model throughout life that I may merit to die as you did in the arms of Jesus and Mary.
Help us, Saint Joseph, in our earthly strife, to fulfill our responsibilities and ever to lead a pure and sinless life. Amen.