On Friday, May 28, St. Joseph’s Catholic School held Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2021. The senior class totaled 104 graduates who earned the following accolades:
- 102 members (98% of the class) received scholarship offers, with an average award package of just under $140,000 per student.
- 102 seniors (98% of the class) received a South Carolina state scholarship award: 29 Palmetto Fellows Scholarships, 61 Life Scholarships, and 12 Hope Scholarships.
- Three members of the class were recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation: two were named National Merit Finalists and one was named National Merit Commended Student.
- Nine members of the class committed to continue their athletic careers in college.
- The Class of 2021 was also distinguished by the addition of 17 new colleges and universities to the ever-growing list of schools to which the previous 1455 graduates were accepted, including Dickinson College, University of Wisconsin–Madison, and Iowa State University.
The Salutation was delivered by Juan Gacha, this year’s Father Fox Award recipient; the Senior Class Gift presentation by Shannon Murphy and Ishan Lal; and the Farewell Address by Julia Bartell, the Redemptoris Custos Award recipient.