Gala Tuition Raffle
We are pleased to announce the return of the Gala Tuition Raffle – a raffle for one year of free tuition! Tickets will be limited and we expect them to sell out quickly, so purchase yours today!
Rules and Information:
- Tickets will be sold beginning Monday, March 12, 2018.
- Tickets will be sold for $100 each on a first-come, first serve basis
- There will only be 300 tickets* total available for purchase.
- There is no limit on individual ticket purchases, and you do not need to be attending the Gala to purchase tickets.
- Tickets may be purchased online or in person in the SJCS Development Office.
- Online purchases may be made by credit card through a secure link. For online purchases, you will receive an email confirmation of your purchase and tickets will be mailed by April 16th.
- Winner will be announced at the Annual Auction Gala on April 20th. You do not need to be present at the Gala to win.
- Raffle winner will receive full tuition credit (excluding any fees, incidental costs, or supplemental program fees, such as fees for the St. Thomas Aquinas Program) for one enrolled student for school year 2018-2019.
- The tuition drawing recipient must be enrolled at SJCS for the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Raffle winnings are limited to the actual tuition cost for the tuition drawing recipient for the 2018-2019 academic year. The actual tuition cost may vary depending on financial aid or scholarships awarded to the drawing recipient. In no event shall the raffle winnings exceed the maximum tuition of $14,080 if the drawing recipient is a high school student or $12,535 if the drawing recipient is a middle school student.
- The tuition prize is not redeemable for cash and must be applied to the 2018-2019 academic year.
- Tuition drawing tickets are not tax-deductible.
- Prize winnings are considered taxable income; accordingly, the individual winner will be issued a W-2G in January 2019. The winner must provide SJCS a completed and signed form W-4 before the proceeds will be credited to a student’s account. SJCS will withhold taxes on the winnings in accordance with the IRS and SC Department of Revenue regulations. This is anticipated to be 24% of the winnings. Raffle winnings credited to a student’s account will be less any tax withholdings required.
- If you have no children who will attend SJCS in the 2018-2019 school year, you may donate the taxable winnings to SJCS tuition assistance fund and receive tax benefits as allowed by law.
- The winner will be contacted to make their student designation and financial arrangements with the business office.
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase a raffle ticket.
- A ticket is considered purchased when complete payment has been received and is recorded by the SJCS Development Office.
- The SJCS Tuition Raffle is registered with the SC Secretary of State and will be reported as required.
*A minimum of 150 tickets must be sold for offer to be valid and drawing to take place. If minimum sales are not reached, refunds will be issued.
For additional information, please contact Kevin Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (864) 234-9009 ext. 107.