2017 SJCS Gala Tuition Raffle
We are pleased to announce a new addition to this year’s Annual Auction Gala festivities – a raffle for one year of free tuition! Tickets will be limited and we expect them to sell out quickly, so purchase yours today! Please read the rules and information below.
Tuition Drawing Rules and Information:
- Tickets will be sold beginning Friday, March 10, 2017.
- Tickets will be sold for $100 each on a first-come, first serve basis.
- There will only be 300 tickets* total available for purchase.
- There is no limit on individual ticket purchases, and you do NOT need to be attending the Gala to purchase tickets.
- Tickets may be purchased online or in person in the SJCS Development Office. Online purchases may be made by credit card through our secure link. For online purchases, you will receive an email confirmation of your purchase and tickets will be mailed by April 7th.
- Winner will be announced at the Annual Auction Gala on April 21st. You do NOT need to be present at the Gala to win.
- Raffle winner will receive full tuition credit (excluding any fees, incidental costs, or supplemental program fees, such as fees for the St. Thomas Aquinas Program fees) for one enrolled student for school year 2017-18.
- The tuition drawing recipient must be enrolled at SJCS for the 2017-18 academic year.
- Raffle winnings are limited to the actual tuition cost for the tuition drawing recipient for the 2017-18 academic year. The actual tuition cost may vary depending on financial aid or scholarships awarded to the drawing recipient. In no event shall the raffle winnings exceed the maximum tuition of $13,410 if the drawing recipient is a high school student or $11,940 if the drawing recipient is a middle school student.
- The tuition prize is not redeemable for cash and must be applied to the 2017-18 academic year.
- Tuition drawing tickets are not tax-deductible.
- Prize winnings are considered taxable income. The winner will receive a form W-2G and be responsible for taxes associated with winnings.
- If you have no children who will attend SJCS in the 2017-18 school year, you may donate the taxable winnings to SJCS tuition assistance fund and receive tax benefits as allowed by law.
- The winner will be contacted to make their student designation and financial arrangements with the business office.
- You must be 18 years or older to purchase a raffle ticket.
- A ticket is considered purchased when complete payment has been received AND is recorded by the SJCS Development Office.
- The SJCS Tuition Raffle is registered with the SC Secretary of State and will be reported as required.
*A minimum total of 150 tickets must be sold for offer to be valid and drawing to take place. If minimum sales are not reached, refunds will be issued.
For additional information, please contact Kevin Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (864) 234-9009 ext. 107.