- Begin to build strong academic, language, mathematical, and critical thinking skills by taking challenging courses. Look at what Honors and AP courses are offered and discuss taking these courses with your teachers and the Dean of Student Services.
- Take your studies seriously and focus on your grades! This is the beginning of your cumulative grade point average which is reported to colleges.
- Become involved in your high school. Explore extracurricular activities and begin thinking about leadership opportunities at your school and in your community.
- Create a system for recording your extracurricular activities, leadership positions, community service, honors, awards, summer experiences, and jobs.
- Evaluate your grades each quarter and determine what you are doing well and what you need to improve. Make an appointment with your teachers as needed. Remember that you are building your record for college admission beginning in your freshman year.