Congratulations to the 102 members of the St. Joseph’s Catholic School Class of 2016 who graduated on Saturday, May 28. During the Commencement Exercises, the soon-to-be graduates and audience of family, friends, faculty and staff listened to speeches from Lauren Jones and Hannah White. Lauren, the recipient of the Father Fox Award, delivered the salutatory address while Hannah, the recipient of the Redemptoris Custos Award, gave the farewell address.
The Class of 2016 has earned the following accolades:
- 100% college acceptance.
- 11.5 million dollars in college scholarship money.
- 93 members (92% of the class) received scholarship offers, with an average award package of over $125,000 per student.
- Of those 93 students, 88 seniors (87% of the class) received a South Carolina state scholarship award: 21 Palmetto Fellows Scholarships, 61 Life Scholarships, and 6 Hope Scholarships.
- Six members of the class were recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation: one was named National Merit Finalist and five were named National Merit Commended Students.
- Eight members of the class committed to continue their athletic careers in college.
- One member of the class was accepted and is planning to attend seminary.
- The Class of 2016 was also distinguished by the addition of 18 new colleges and universities to the ever-growing list of schools to which the previous graduates were accepted, including Clark University, Connecticut College, Manhattan School of Music, Northeastern University, University of Connecticut and the University of Maryland.
Click here to view photos from David Lawrence Photography.
To access, go to Client Images and click on Events. Click on SJCS, enter your email and the password sjcs2016, then click on Graduation 2016.