Beginning Fall 2018 – An educational experience that will allow sixth graders to grow and flourish during their middle school years.
Open Interest Meeting
Join us January 23, 2018
7:00 – 8:00 PM
Is your family looking for a truly unique and empowering 6th grade experience that will set your child on a strong foundation for their middle and high school years? We are pleased to introduce our new Sixth Grade Academy, starting Fall 2018. The Academy is designed to not only ease the transition of this critical year in your child’s education, but to ensure that they are surrounded by caring and dedicated teachers who create a supportive environment to encourage your child’s love of learning.
• The Academy will offer a contained space within the school, devoted exclusively to sixth grade classrooms.
• The Academy will help sixth graders become more independent by promoting a love of learning and by equipping students with the executive functioning skills and study habits that have proven effective in education.
• A dedicated team of sixth grade teachers will allow faculty to know each student well and therefore promote a sixth grade learning atmosphere that is responsive to each student’s needs.
• The Academy will create a learning community where each child will be known, loved, and valued for what he or she brings to the group.
• A series of community and team-building activities will allow each individual student to develop better relationships with teachers and other students.