Athletics is a vital and integral part of St. Joseph’s Catholic School. The SJCS Athletic Program offers students opportunities for competition with other Class AA schools in the South Carolina High School League (SCHSL), as well as opportunities for our middle school students to compete in the Carolinas Middle School Conference (CMSC). Participation in athletics, either as a player or as a fan, is an important part of the school’s educational experience. We invite you to come out and support SJCS athletics. Go Knights!
Sportsmanship and School Spirit
In demonstrating their love for and loyalty to St. Joseph’s Catholic School and the teams which represent the school, all St. Joseph’s students, team members, and coaches are expected to exercise a courtesy and hospitality to visiting teams and officials and to conduct themselves in a sportsmanlike manner at all times. The conduct of parents should also reflect this Christian mission of St. Joseph’s. Athletes and fans are encouraged to be mindful of the fundamentals of good sportsmanship:
- Show courtesy and respect for all faculty, staff, coaches, fellow students, opponents, officials, and property
- Know, understand, and appreciate the rules of the contest
- Exercise self-control and restraint
- Appreciate skill and performance regardless of an athlete’s affiliation
- Maintain a healthy desire to excel and win, while having the ability to win and lose gracefully
Winter Sport Tryouts Begin October 30
- Middle School Boys Basketball Tryouts will take place on October 30 from 3:30-5:00 PM, November 1 from 1:30-3:30PM, and November 2 from 9:00-10:30 AM in the gym. Questions? Contact Coach Greg Simms.
- Middle School Girls Basketball Tryouts will take place on October 30 from 3:30-5:00 PM, November 1 from 1:30-3:30PM, and November 2 from 10:30-Noon in the gym. Questions? Contact Coach Meby Carr.
- Middle School and Varisty Wrestling Practice starts on November 4. Times TBD. Questions? Contact Coach Rick Morris.
- JV and Varsity Boys Basketball Tryouts will take place on November 4 from 3:30-5:00 PM at Potential Sports Academy 130 Arrowhead Ct. Greenville, SC 29605, November 5 from 5:00-7:00 PM, and November 6 from 5:00-7:00 PM in the Gym. Questions? Contact Coach Paul Assinessi.
- JV and Varsity Girls Basketball Tryouts will take place on November 4 from 3:30-5:00 PM, November 5 from 7:00-9:00PM, and November 6 from 7:00-9:00 PM in the gym. Questions? Contact Coach Natalie Satterfield.
- Cheerleading Tryouts will take place on November 5 from 5:00-6:30 PM, November 6 from 1:30-3:00 PM, and November 7 from 5:00-6:30 PM in the Dance Room. Questions? Contact Coach Jessica Reynolds.
SJCS Winter Coaches
V Boys Basketball Coach: Paul Assinesi (firstname.lastname@example.org)
JV Boys Basketball Coach: Kelly Assinesi (email@example.com)
MS Boys Basketball Coach: Greg Simms (firstname.lastname@example.org)
V Girls Basketball Coach: Natalie Satterfield (email@example.com)
JV Girls Basketball Coach: Megan Miller (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MS Girls Basketball Coach: Meby Carr (email@example.com)
V, JV, MS Wrestling Coach: Rick Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)