Congratulations to the Class of 2018
On May 26, 2018, St. Joseph’s Catholic School held the Commencement Exercises for the Class of 2018. The senior class totalled 99 graduates, and boasted impressive achievements across the board.
- 96% (95 out of 99) of the students were awarded at least one scholarship, with a class Total Award Amount of $14,455,988
- Four students were awarded a “full ride” (full tuition or tuition and room and board) to at least one college.
- 93% (92) of the students received a SC State Scholarship Award
- 100% College Acceptance, and 100% College Enrollment with 99% report being happy/very happy with their college acceptances/choices
- The students will be attending 47 different colleges in 17 different states (including DC) and 3 countries
- 12 are enrolling into a Catholic university
- Athletic Signings: 10 students have signed/committed to play a sport in college
The Salutation was delivered by Francesca Strathern, this year’s Father Fox Award recipient, the Senior Class Gift presentation by Jane Cajka, Alyssa Moore, and Lizzie Reinstein who represented the Senior Class Senate, and the Farewell Address was given by Andrew Lyons, the Redemptoris Custos Award recipient. For the first time, the Commencement Address was given by a SJCS alumni, Mr. Brent Myers of the Class of 1998.
Congratulations to the Class of 2018! View the professional photo gallery by David Lawrence here.