Parent2Parent Groups Forming
- Would you like to meet and get to know a few other St. Joseph’s parents?
- Would you like some advice or ideas on how to become a more effective parent?
- Would you like to figure out if it’s “just your kid” or if other kids act in similar ways?
- Or, are you simply in need of a little support, encouragement, and fellowship with other parents?
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then the newly forming Parent-2-Parent program at St. Joseph’s might be just for you.
This small group, discussion-based program had been an important part of family outreach and support at St. Joseph’s in the past. It is now starting up again.
The plan is to form several small Parent-2-Parent groups which will meet monthly at the homes of volunteers. Each meeting will begin with a prayer and include a short presentation, which will then be discussed by the group, with parents having the opportunity to share their experiences as well as learn from the experiences of other parents.
Some of the topics to be covered will be:
- Student Anxiety: How Much Pressure is too Much?
- Effects of Teen Screen Time and Can It Be Helped?
- Friendships, Dating, and Other Relationships: What Boundaries are Needed?
- In the Age of Social Media: Helping Our Children Develop a Healthy Self-Image
- Creating a Home with Open Communication
- And more. . .
There will be an information meeting at St. Joseph’s at 7:00 PM on Tuesday, September 12 in the JPII Center. We will explain further how the program works, as well as begin the process of forming groups and establishing meeting times and locations.
If you cannot attend the meeting but would still like to be involved, or would like more information, contact Tami Kiser.